Dr Jack Gerschman - The Sleep Guardian Product Validation
Dr Jack Gerschman
Pain Medicine Physician in Melbourne, Australia
BDSc, LDS, PHD
Specialist in Oral Medicine
Director at Melbourne Medical Centre Pain Management Clinic
- A. Gerschman, Jack BDSc, LDS, PhD, FFPMANZCA. Dr. Gerschman is a registered Specialist in Oral Medicine, Oro-facial Pain and TMD and practices as a Consultant in Sleep Medicine and Special Needs Dentistry at a private clinic in Melbourne. Dr. Gerschman is the Head of Oral Medicine Clinic, Royal Dental Hospital of Melbourne and an Associate Professor of the School of Dental Science at the University of Melbourne. Through his dental practice, Dr. Gerschman has prescribed a number of MAS and oral appliances for patients with OSA and snoring problems and accepts referrals from leading Sleep Physicians in Melbourne.
Jack Gerschman performed a product validation on a sample of people who snore to some extent to test the effectiveness of our Mandibular Advancement Device (MAD), The Sleep Guardian. To measure the effectiveness, several variables were examined such as; quality of sleep, snoring, daytime drowsiness and additional information i.e. mood and periodic limb movement (PLM).
- It was discovered that 70% of patients experienced an improvement in fragmented and non-refreshing sleep.
- 100% of patients had an improvement in their snoring with 50% stopping snoring altogether using The Sleep Guardian.
- 100% said that they had noticed an improvement in their relationship with their spouse or improved marital harmony since using The Sleep Guardian.
- 66% of patients who previously experienced daytime sleepiness noticed an overall improvement.
- 100% of patients noticed a significant improvement in their relationship with their spouse or improved marital harmony since using The Sleep Guardian.
- 70% of patients experienced improvements in their overall mood, feeling significantly less depressed and/or irritable.